The Department of Civil Engineering was established in 1980 with an intake of 60
students. The department has been successful in producing the excellent and
well-trained graduates. We have thirty five members of teaching staff drawn from
premium institutes throughout India out of whom six are Professors, Eight are Associate Professors and Twenty One are Assistant Professors. Six staff members are having more than ten years experience and nine are doctorates.
The departmental activities embrace Testing, Planning, Design, Construction and Management. The Department offering Courses for Graduates in civil Engineering, Post graduates in Structural Engineering and PhDs in civil Engineering. The department has flexible syllabus for the students to get place for their post graduation in specializations like Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering etc.
The department has well equipped laboratories in all areas. Many of our alumni hold prestigious positions in leading academic institutions, industry and government in different countries all over the world.
Vision of the Department
To impart technical education in cutting edge technologies, inculcating applied research, scholarly inquiry, creative endeavor, through the knowledge and values based moulding of students and make an imprint in the economic and social development of the Nation.
Short Term Goals
- To encourage faculty of the department to attend Academic Conferences, Seminars, Summer & Winter Schools, and other training programs
- To offer Research-oriented Projects for final year B-Tech students
- To emphasize on Soft Skills and Communication abilities of students
- To provide continuous training and reorientation to the Faculty to keep up with the modern trends
Long Term Goals
- To interact with industries and sign MOU’s for collaborative programmes
- To obtain live-projects from Industry
- To introduce more P.G. Courses in the Department
- To improve infrastructure further for Consultancy work
- To conduct International, National Conferences and Short Term Courses (Winter & Summer) regularly
- To add advanced software in the Department over and above the Curriculum
- To add non-destructive testing equipments in the concrete laboratory
- To maintain the standards required by NBA and NAAC
Dr. Shashi kumar Gupta
Professor & Head
Department of Civil Engineering
K L University, Green Fields,
Vaddeswaram, Guntur (Dist) – 522502
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA