Library services consist part of personal assistance provided to the users in pursuit of information. The character and extent of such services may vary from library to library. These depend upon the following factors.
- Objectives of the library.
- Size of the library.
- Number and type of users to be served.
- Availability of skilled and competent man power,
- Availability of information resources both inside and outside the institutional framework etc.
The basic responsibility of every engineering library is identical. Therefore, there libraries are supposed to render some or the entire following library services.
- Circulation of library documentary.
- Inter-library loan services.
- Photo copying services.
- Reference service.
- CD-ROM search services.
- Inter Net services.
- WEB OPAC
- Audio visual
- Online lectures