About the Department
K L U Business School
K L U Business School offers a two year full time Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme. The programme comprises 4 Semesters. This programme aims at building managerial competence among students providing a theoretical foundation in Management as well as a practical orientation towards management practices in such a way that they are not only equipped to perform as effective managers but also to shoulder greater responsibilities in the future as they move up the hierarchy.
This programme is uniquely comprehensive and helps students in developing an integrated view of Management. The students are evaluated continuously on various dimensions. Learning is facilitated through a mix of classroom interactions, seminars, case studies, industry internship, interaction with industry and society, simulations, games, quizzes, group discussions, etc.
The curriculum lays the foundation for a conceptual and analytical understanding of Indian and International management practices. This programme is designed to blend current management theories and practices of emerging trends in the field of management with the aim of moulding the students into responsible citizens, competent and visionary managers.
Well qualified and experienced faculty
||No. of PhDs
||No. of faculty Pursuing Ph.D
- Mr. Vijay Xavier, LOWE LINTAS
- Mr. K.Rajasekhara Rao, AGM - HR, L&T
- Mr. L.S. Ganesh, IIT-Madras
- Prof. D.Nagaiah, NISCIT
- Dr. Ch.H.K.S. Kumar, ISB.
MBA program has a curriculum that is contemporary and is industry driven which is the outcome of some of the best minds in Management education and Business.
Structure of MBA Program (2010 – 12)
The two year programme starts with preparatory classes for two weeks followed by four semesters. The first two semesters cover the core courses laying the foundation for the elective courses in later semesters. To specialize in one area, a student has to take a minimum of four electives from that area. A student can choose dual specialization or do a major and minor depending on his interest.
Students come from diverse educational backgrounds. To enable a smooth transition, the department offers two weeks preparatory courses to help students get acquainted with the new surroundings, new community, a new way of life and most importantly the course and teaching style at KLUBS. The preparatory classes are intensive with modules covering Introduction to Management, Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Information technology and Soft skills. These courses are optional but the knowledge of these courses will definitely help the students in their regular course work.
The Program consists of four semesters spread over a period of two years embodying:
- Core courses
- Elective courses
- Sectoral specialization courses
- IT courses
- Soft skills courses
- Case Studies
- Seminar Presentations
- Group Research
- Role Plays
- Etiquette Lab
- Business Simulation Exercises
- Communication Exercises
- Business Aptitude Tests
- Behavioral Lab
- Activity Lab
- Computer Lab-training on Computer simulated software for Management
- The Department of Management Sciences provides a stimulating learning environment with a variety of interesting features and amenities for its students. For more interactive training sessions, classrooms are equipped with the latest presentation and audio visual teaching such as, cordless mikes, LCD projection systems, advanced public address systems, etc.
- MBA program has a curriculum that is contemporary and is industry driven which is the outcome of some of the best minds in management education and business.
- The department has skilled faculty with rich industrial and academic experience who can drive the program as per international standards that add value to department at large.
- The faculties carry forward the process of learning through various methods such as case studies, simulation exercises, group discussions, problem-solving sessions, operation workouts etc.
- Students can pursue elective courses covering both functional and sectoral, the blend of which helps them to have better job opportunities and have a good career.
- Academic flexibility is given to the students enabling them to do dual specialization/ major and minor specialization
- Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to the students to experience the corporate environment and combine classroom learning with real life situations in the organizations.
- Augmentation of the industry patronage through lectures, workshops and interaction with practicing professionals from the industry.
- Achieved greater automation of the teaching-learning process through Wi-Fi
- Use of e-learning software and e-resources for effective conduct of program
- Training in SAP, an innovative business software package, is given to the students that increase their placement and career opportunities.
- International collaborations have been set up with Technical University of Cluz Napoca, Romania, St. Louise University, USA and University of Massachusetts, Lowell, USA.
- Real-time projects by students as per requirements of various industries.
- Paper presentations by the students at National and International Conferences and active participation in various activities conducted by other B-Schools.
- Three books and about 50 papers were published by the faculty in various International and National journals/ conference proceedings.
- 100% placement for the students registered for placement during the last two years.