|Practice School/Project / Thesis
|Total credits for graduation
MCA Course =30 Courses+10 Labs Merged with CDC’s+ Project
Total credits for graduation = 185
CDC's – Compulsory Disciplinary Courses
CSS - Communications Soft Skills
MCA is three year Master degree program consisting of two semesters per year; the sixth semester is allotted for doing projects under practice school.The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice. The M.C.A. students are encouraged to spend a full semester working in the industry/ in the institute giving them insight into the workings of the IT world. The M.C.A. program prepares students to take up positions as systems analysts, systems designers, programmers, and managers in any field related to information technology However, the course curriculum will have enough flexibility to enable a student to undertake advance studies in Computer Science.
- To prepare the student to meet the requirements of professionals for Computer applications in different sectors.
- To develop the ability among students to plan analyze, design, code, test, implement & maintain a software product.
- To promote students capability to set up their own enterprise in various sectors of Computer applications.
- To provide students with basic computer programming skills & problem solving skills.
- To experience the students in finding solutions to real life application involving technical, managerial, economical & social constraints which is provided through laboratory work, industrial assignment & projects.
- To provide greater exposure to different emerging technologies.
- To provide students with greater input of management education & professional communicational skills.
- Post graduate students are capable to work in leading computer application areas of different sectors such as
- Service division.
- Hardware production & System integration.
- Software production of quality assurance
- R & D
- Commercial & marketing.
- Post graduate students are capable to become successful professional in all the phases of development of software product.
- Post graduate students will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematical, analytical & management science.
- Post graduate students will be familiar with emerging & advanced software tools.
- Post graduate students will have the confidence to apply software solutions in global & societal contexts.
- Post graduate students will be capable of self education & clearly understand the value of life long learning.
- Post graduate students will experience industrial environment to develop real time projects
- Post graduate students are expected to communicate effectively.
- Post graduate students are expected to possess ability to function a multi-disciplinary team.
- Post graduate who can participate & succeed in competitive examinations.