Women''s Day Celebrations
The KLU WOMEN'S FORUM celebrated "International Women's Day" on, 8th
March 2011 in the New Seminar Hall of K L University in a splendid way.
Everybody witnessed the occasion with a great enthusiasm.
Following dignitaries along with the office bearers of KLU Women's Forum
attended the function and encouraged all the Girls, lady faculty and staff of
Highlights of the Event ::
- Er.Koneru Satyanarayana - Chancellor, KL University
- Dr.G.L.Datta - Vice-Chancellor, KL University
- Dr. N.Rangaiah - Registrar, KL University
- Dr.K.Rajasekhara Rao - Principal, Dean (Admin & SW),KL
- Smt.K.Siva kanchana Latha - Joint Secretary, KLEF
- Dr.A.Pallavi - Chief Guest (Gynecologist, Sreya Nursing
- Mrs.S.V.N.L.Lalitha, Convenor of KLU Women's Forum was the
Co-ordinator of the event.
- The KLU girls' student forum is constituted with the name
"SAHELI"-Glad to be a Girl.
- Smt. Koneru Siva Kanchana Latha, Joint Secretary addressed
the gathering and launched the Website for Women's Forum. She
reiterated the need for active participation of women in various
fields for a better world. She adjudged various cultural
competitions and distributed prizes to the winners.
- Hon'ble Chancellor Sri. K.Satyanarayana has announced that
the University will provide "Seed Money" to the girls if they
wish to start their own establishments and motivated the girls
to develop zeal to be entrepreneurs.
- Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor Dr.G.L.Datta, Registrar
Dr.N.Rangaiah, Principal Dr.K.Rajasekhara Rao, Co-ordinators of
Women's Day celebrations Mrs.S.V.N.L.Lalitha, and
Dr.Vijayalakshmi conveyed their best wishes to the students,
faculty and staff.
- Chief Guest Dr.A.Pallavi, an eminent Gynecologist spoke
about the significance of Centenary Celebration of International
Women's Day, and gave away the prizes.
- Prizes were distributed to the winners of various
competitions like Mehendi, Rangoli, Tambola, Best name, Logo,
tagline for KLU Girls' Student Forum and slide show.
- Cultural Program started with a welcome dance and then
geared up with lots of dance numbers. It included Bharatnatyam
dance style, western as well as Indian dance numbers. Students
also came forward with classical songs. A hilarious skit' LOVE
TRENDZ' was presented by 3rd year ECE students which made sure
that everyone at the event had a good dosage of laughter. The
Fashion Show was the landmark of the event and students from 2nd
year took part in it.
- The best part of the event was that all lady faculty and
staff took part in the event and made it more happening.
- Parents and the guests who had come to watch the program had
good entertainment and appreciated it a lot. The event was a
grand success by gods grace and the whole college girls are
looking forward for the coming event to organize it in an even
larger and better scale as soon as possible.
- There are many men along who have contributed to the success
of the event and KLU Women's Forum is highly thankful to all of
them who helped directly or indirectly in making this event
planned n organized.
- An health awareness camp was conducted from 1.30 pm to 3.00
pm in Peacock hall where the girls interacted with an eminent
Gynecologist Dr.A.Pallavi and clarified their doubts.