- Centre for Wellness and Welfare and Abhinaya club of
KLUSO celebrated the 149th
birthday of great poet, writer and social reformer of all times
in the Indian history and Telugu literature Sri Gurajada
Venkatappa Rao Panthulu on 21st September 2011 on a
- In this connection Abhinaya club conducted a paper
presentation on Gurajada?s Kanyasulkam in which total of 10
students actively participated.
- Of them Sri Seshu of 2nd year b tech,
M.Gayatri of 1st year b tech and M.Madhuri of 2nd
year won 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes
- Mr.S.Vishnu Vardhan Reddy of 3rd year as
Girisam, Mr. N.Chiranjeevi Gupta of 1st
year as Venkatesam enacted a scene from Kanyasulkam. This
mesmerized the audience.
- After the above performances the atmosphere reflected
the 19th century customs and their ill effects.
- Hon?ble vice Chancellor Dr.G.L.Dutta, Deputy Registrar
Sri. Harsha Vardhan were graced the occasion and expressed their
happiness and appreciated the efforts of Centre for Wellness and
- Speaking on the occasion Dr.G.L.Dutta memorized those
days when social evils were in practice .And he also mentioned
the painful efforts put by the social reformers like
Rajaramamohan Rai of Bengal, Kandukuri Veeresalingam and
Gurajada Apparao of Andhra.
- He blessed the students and awarded prizes to the
winners and participants.
- Sri. V.G.Krishna Murthy, dramatics trainer arranged a
photo exhibition on Gurajada Apparao?s life and his works.