About the Department
This program provides professional education for those wishing to become accounting and finance professionals. It has a strong emphasis on developing analytical skills and offers a solid grounding and professional competence in all aspects of accounting and finance.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide the students with strong foundation in contemporary practices of accounting and finance.
- To provide the students a comprehensive understanding of their discipline and be able to provide discipline based solutions relevant to the business, professional and public policy communities that we serve.
- To mould the students to become creative who produce innovative solutions to problems, apply research skills to business challenges and communicate effectively and perceptively.
- To contribute to the overall professional development of the student with demonstrated commitment to life-long learning and make them responsible citizens who demonstrate ethical values.
- Ability to practically apply various accounting & finance concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary practices of accounting & finance
- Ability to apply the specialized expertise in accounting & finance areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to solve different accounting & finance related problems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of different laws, taxes etc..
- Develop professional and ethical attitude and become socially responsible citizens.
- Ability to conduct research studies and present report.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of business environment nationally and globally.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Demonstrate their role as accounting and financial experts and contribute to the society.