Greetings from the Department of Mathematics, KLEF !!!
The department started functionally from the establishment of Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering in the year 1980. The department focuses on pure and applied mathematics catering to the professional needs of students of varied backgrounds. Being a deemed University M.Phil and Ph.D programs are being offered since 2009. The university has also started two years M.Sc. program in Applied Mathematics in the year 2018. The Mathematics curriculum and courses designed are applications oriented.
- Competency based course delivery
- Course delivery is through Engineering applications
- Using software tools like MATLAB
- Constant effort by faculty to keep abreast of the latest developments in their respective fields of specialization
- Regular update of the syllabus as per the recommendations of the academic and industry experts
- Imparting value based education
- Supplementing board and chalk methods with electronic gadget driven conceptual, application oriented interactive modes
To enable and empower students to apply the principles of Mathematics, in developing and analyzing the Mathematical models related to complex engineering and societal problems
To offer courses and programs of study that will enable the learners not only to obtain abilities to critically assess numerical and graphical information, but also to learn to formulate strategies for solving problems, relevant applications and acknowledge the importance of being intellectually curious throughout their adult lives.
Mathematics is the study of quantity, structure, space and change.
Mathematicians seek out patterns, formulate new conjuncture and establish truth by rigorous deduction from appropriately chosen axioms and definitions
Mathematics is used as an essential tool in natural sciences, engineering medicine and the social sciences