Dr. G.L. Datta
Chancellor (2012-13 to 2013-14)
Vice-Chancellor (2009-10 to 2011-12)
Dr. G.L. Datta received education for B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D degrees at IIT Kharagpur, the Premier Technological Institute in the Country. He has been serving the alma mater for close to four decades as a distinguished Teacher, renowned Researcher and able Administrator.
He has handled a large number of projects sponsored by the Govt of India and Private organizations in the fields of welding and foundry.
His research contributions (which are more than 200) have appeared in several peer reviewed Indian and International journals and conference proceedings. He has guided a large number of Ph.D and Master Degree theses. In recognition of his contributions, he has been honored with a number of awards such as the "The Corps of Engineers Prize:1994-95" by the Institution of Engineers (India) for his contribution on Cast Iron Welding, the "Anna University National Award for Outstanding Academic of the Year 1998" by the Indian Society for Technical Education In recognition of his contribution in teaching-learning process and research attainment, "Sir L P Misra Memorial Award for the year 1999" by the Indian Institute of Welding, in appreciation of the research contribution made by Dr. Datta in the field of Welding Technology. Dr. Datta is also the recipient of the prestigious "Professor B. Karunesh Memorial Lecture" delivered at the 44th Congress of the Indian Society for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. More recently, he was awarded the prestigious 'IIF Fellowship' in recognition of his contribution made to the Institute of Indian Foundrymen and the Foundry Industry.
On four occasions, he was selected by the Institute of Indian Foundrymen to present Official Exchange Papers from India at different World Foundry Congresses such as Prague (Czechoslovakia), Geyongju (South Korea) and Istanbul (Turkey). He was chosen to be a Member of a World Bank funded visit to Bangladesh.
He has held several administrative positions at his parent Institute including that of Dean, Chairman of a Dept, and so on, and responsible positions in many Professional Societies including the Indian Institute of Welding, Institute of Indian Foundrymen, The Institution of Engineers (India), Indian Society for Technical Education, Investment Casting Society, etc.
Professor Datta is a Fellow of several Professional Societies and has traveled widely all over the world.
- "The Corps of Engineers Prize: 1994-95" awarded by the Institution of Engineers (India) for the meritorious contribution made on Cast Iron Welding
- "Anna University National Award for the Outstanding Academic of the Year 1998" awarded by the Indian Society for Technical Education in recognition of his contribution in teaching and learning process, continuing education and research attainment.
- "Sir L P Misra Memorial Award for the year 1999" awarded by the Indian Institute of Welding in appreciation of the research contribution made in the field of Welding Technology.
- "Professor B. Karunesh Memorial Lecture" delivered at the 44th Congress of the Indian Society for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
- "IIF Fellowship" in recognition of meritorious contribution made to the Institute of Indian Foundrymen and the Foundry Industry.
- "Best Paper Award for 1990-91" of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- "Best Paper Award" among the papers presented at the Seminar on 'Emerging Trends in Welding Technology' organized by the IIW Delhi Branch, 1998
Events attended by the Vice Chancellor during last 3 Months
- Chief Guest of valedictory ceremony of National Conference on "Condition Monitoring", organized by Naval Science & Technological Laboratory, Visakhapatnam on 5th Dec 09.
- Delivered a key note address on "A Roadmap towards reducing cost of welding at a workshop" organized by Indian Institute of Welding, Vizag branch, 13-14th Nov 2009.
- Delivered a lecture on "Globalization & its impact on Higher Education" at UGC-AIU Conference held at JNTU – Hyderabad during 3-5th Oct, 2009.
- Chief Guest of the Convocation ceremony of Indian Institute of Welding for award of AMIIW Certificates held at Kolkata on 13th Dec 09.
- Attended a felicitation meet organized by Energy Saving Commission of World Foundry Organization held at Faridabad; as the secretary of Metal casting Commission & Member of Energy saving Commission held on 24th Nov 2009.
- Secretary of International Commission of World Foundry Organization (No. 6.0) on Solid State Treatment of Cast Irons ('05 - ).
- Organising Chairman, 16th Indian Engineering Congress, The Institution of Engineers (India), IIT Kharagpur, Dec 1-4, 2001.
- National Vice-President, Indian Institute of Welding (1996-97)
- Chairman, Welding Educational Sub-Committee, IIW (1992-97 & 2001 - 02 )
- Chairman, Technical Committee (July 1997), National Welding Meet, IIW, Calcutta
- Chairman (1999), Technical Committee, 6th Asian Foundry Congress and 47th Indian Foundry Congress, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen
- Chairman (1997 – Continuing), Centre for Education and Training, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen
- Vice President ('06 - ), Investment Casting Society
- Vice-Chairman (1995-96) and Chairman (1996-99), Calcutta Chapter, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen
- Vice-Chairman (1999-2001) and Chairman (2001-02), Eastern Region, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen.
- Member (1999-2001), National Council, The Institute of Indian Foundrymen
- Chairman (1995-96 & '06 - ), West Bengal Section, The Indian Society for Technical Education
- Chairman (1995-97), IIT Kharagpur Chapter, The Indian Society for Technical Education
- Member (1997-99), National Executive Council, The Indian Society for Technical Education
- Hony Secretary (1984-88) and Chairman (1990-92), Kharagpur Local Centre, The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Member, High Power Review Committee for NIFFT Ranchi constituted by the MHRD.
- Member, Expert Team from India for visiting Bangladesh at the invitation of SEDF of the World Bank Group.
- Member, West Bengal Council for Technical Education (1996- '02)
- Member, PG Board of Studies, Regional Engineering College, Durgapur (1994-'96)
- Member, PG Board of Studies (1996-98) and Academic Committee (2000- '05), University College of Engineering, Burla, Orissa
- Member (1994-96), Board of School of Engineering and Technology, Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Member, Board of Academic Advisory Council, IEC College of Engg & Tech, Greater Noida, UP
- Member (1994-96), Advisory Committee, Eastern Regional Branch, Small Industries Development of India (SIDBI)
- Member (2001 - 2002) and Chairman (2003-2006) NBA Expert Team, AICTE
- Vice-Chair (Maths & Sc) (2002-03), SAE International , Eastern India Section.
- Member, NDT Sectional Committee, BIS (1988 – 90)
- Member, Project Review Committee, DST
- Chairman, Technology Coop Poultry Ltd (1988 – 90)
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, IGOU, Delhi
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, REC, Silchar
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, BHU, Varanasi
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, JU, Kolkata
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, Biju Pattanaik University for Technology, Orissa
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology, Gupti Para, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Sibpur, Kolkata
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, OUAT, Bhubaneswar
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, IGIT, Sarang
- Member, Faculty Selection Committee, NERIST, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
- Speaker for State-of-Art Lecture, Seminar onganised by DST
- Chief Guest at a Seminar, organized by OUAT, Bhubaneswar
- Key-Note Speaker at a Seminar organized by IGIT, Sarang
- Key-Note Speaker at a Seminar organized by MIT, Bishnupur
- Chief Guest, Conference on Advances and Trends in Manufacturing, Govt Engg College, Kalyani
- Key Note Speaker, Seminar on NDT at G B Pant University, Pantnagar
- Referee, Journal of Material Processing Technology, Elsivier Publication, Ireland
- Reviewer, J of Material Science, CSIR publicatuion
- Reviewer, J of Institution of Engineers
- Reviewer, International Journal of Production Research, UK
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Foundry Journal
- Referee (Project Proposal), International Copper Association and the University of Chile
- Judge for Research Award, Indian Institute of Welding
- Reviewer, 21st AIMTDR Conference Papers, Vellore Institute of Technology
- Session Chairman, Technical Sessions in various conferences, seminars
- Ph D Thesis Examiner: IIT Chennai, IIT Mumbai, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, BHU, Jadavpur University, Bhagalpur University, JNTU, etc
- Chairman of AICTE appointed NBA Teams for accreditation visit to a large number of institutions
- Chairman of UGC appointed Teams for visiting institutions for according autonomy status
Member of UGC appointed Teams for visiting institutions for granting Deemed to be University status.
Dr. R. Sreehari Rao
Vice Chancellor (2012-14)
Dr. R. Sreehari Rao assumed charge as Vice Chancellor, K L University with effect from 25th July 2012 after successful career in DRDO as Chief Controller, Research & Development of Electronics & Computer Science laboratories.
Dr R. Sreehari Rao obtained his B.E (Electronics and Communication Engineering) from College of Engineering, Kakinada in 1972, M.Tech (Microwave & Radar Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur in 1974 and Ph.D. from IIT, Madras in 1995.
Dr. Rao joined Defence Electronics Research laboratory as Senior Scientific Officer in 1974. He made significant contributions to indigenous development of 'Electronics Warfare Antennas, Microwave Super Components, Advanced Direction Finding Systems and Electronic Warfare Systems' for different types of platforms.
Dr. Rao became Director of DLRL in October 2005 and steered three major Electronic Warfare programmes namely Samyukta, Sangraha and Divya Drishti for successful completion and induction into the services. He has also prepared a EW road map for total indigenous development of EW systems and launched programmes for critical technology developments.
Dr. Rao was promoted as 'Outstanding Scientist' in 2008. He was awarded 'DRDO Scientist of the year' for the year 2006 towards contributions made by him for indigenous development of EW systems.
Dr. Rao was promoted as Chief Controller of Electronics and Computer Sciences in October 2008 and moved over to DRDO Hqrs., New Delhi.
Dr. Rao launched major technology development programs like Active Electronic Scanned Arrays, MEMS, C4I Systems, Network Centric Warfare Systems, Software Defined Radios, Data Links, High Power Laser Systems, Thermal Imagers and Cryptographic Systems.
Dr. Rao had rich experience of research and development in Defence Electronics spanning over 4 decades. He steered a number of committees at National and International level on policy making and project formulations. He chaired a number of sessions in National and International conferences and delivered key note addresses. He had a number of publications in National and International journals. He is a fellow of IETE, ASCI and a member of Board of Studies of leading educational institutions.
Dr. L.S.S. Reddy
Dr. L.S.S. Reddy is an outstanding administrator, a prolific researcher and a forward looking educationist.
Dr. L.S.S. Reddy is an eminent Professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department holding Ph.D in Computer Science Engineering from BITS Pilani. Dr. Reddy is an outstanding administrator, a prolific researcher and a forward looking educationist. Dr. Reddy has over 30 years of experience in Teaching, Research and Administration at prestigious institutes like BITS Pilani, CBIT etc.
Dr.L.S.S.Reddy had joined Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering in December 1995 and proved his administrative excellence as a Head of Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Dr. Reddy was instrumental and a driving force as Principal (2002-2009) in promoting KLCE as one of leading Institutions in India.
KLCE has achieved remarkable growth on all fronts of higher education under the leadership of Dr. L.S.S. Reddy. In his tenure as Principal of the KLCE, the College got accreditation of all its six eligible UG programs by NBA of AICTE in 2004. Again in the year 2007, KLCE went for Re-accreditation by NBA and this time six of its UG programs got accredited each for five years and the remaining three programs each for three years. It was thus a record achievement. In the year 2006, KLCE was awarded autonomous status by University Grants Commission. His tenure led to an overall excellence in academic, research, infrastructure and systemic development of KLCE. KLCE stood as highest ranked Engineering Institute in India to receive 'A' Grade with CGPA of 3.76 / 4.00 from NAAC in 2007.
His contribution as a Principal of KLCE was very widely recognized and appreciated in converting an Autonomous college into a Deemed to be University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956 in 2009 and thus KLEF (Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University) came into existence.
Dr.L.S.S. Reddy has exceptional research credentials. Five research papers were submitted to the research board of BITS Pilani as a part of requirement for Ph. D degree. He had more than 110 Publications in reputed International Journals and several paper presentations in International Conferences. 19 of his Research Scholars were awarded Ph.D under his guidance from various Universities. Presently 4 scholars submitted their thesis and 8 Research scholars are working under his guidance for Ph.D in various Universities. His Research interest areas are Parallel Processing, Software Engineering and Cloud Computing.
Fellowship of Academic bodies and Professional Societies:
- Fellow, IE
- Fellow, IETE
Membership of Scientific and Professional Societies:
- Senior Member, IEEE ( Computer Society, USA)
- Senior Life Member, Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Life Member, ISTE
- Member, ACM
- Member, ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education)
Dr. A.V.S. Prasad
Pro Vice Chancellor
Dr. A.V.S. Prasad, M.E(Hydraulics & Irrigation Engineering) and Ph.D(Environmental Sciences and Technology) from JNTU, Hyderabad is a Professor in Civil Engineering. He has a rich experience of 27 Years in academics and 20 years in administration at various caders ranging from Head of the Department, Dean, Principal and Director. Dr.Prasad has served as Director of Audisankara group of institutions for 12 Years and was instrumental in getting these institutions accredited by NAAC,NBA, Autonomous and gained many laurels from the State Government, JNTU(A) etc.
Dr. Prasad has extensive knowledge of administrative system, maintaining statutory norms of bodies like AICTE, UGC etc and has a good understanding of NBA , NAAC Procedures and norms. He has to his credit many papers published in indexed journals. He has experience in organizing various National Level Events, Workshops and Conferences. He served as Member, Chairman of Board of Studies at JNTU(A), KLCE(Autonomous). Above all he is a soft spoken, congenial and an effective team worker and team leader.
Dr. Ramamoorty assumed charge as Chancellor, K L University with effect from 30th March 2015 after successful career as a Professor in IIT Kanpur and also as first Director General of CPRI.
Dr. Ramamoorty obtained his B.E. (Honors) from Andhra University in 1957 and M.E. from IISc Bangalore in 1959. He obtained his MASc and PhD from Toronto University in 1965 and 1967 respectively.
He was a Commonwealth Fellow at U of T from 1964 to 1967. He then joined IIT Kanpur as a faculty member in the Electrical Engineering Department and became a professor in 1972. He had established the first graduate program in Power Electronics in India in 1968 at IIT Kanpur. He had supervised 12 doctoral projects and was associated with many sponsored research activities with industries like BHEL and Hindustan Steel Limited during his tenure at IIT Kanpur.
In 1977, he joined Hindustan Brown BoveriLimited (now ABB) as Chief of Research where he was responsible for the development of a number of prototypes of switchgear, relays and instrumentation.
He joined the Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) in 1983 as its first Director General. During his tenure, CPRI became a well - recognized research and training laboratory in the power sector. He retired from CPRI service in 1994 and In 1995, he took over as the Director of ERDA. After the completion of his contract in 2006 at ERDA, he demitted his office and continued as Advisor, ERDA for one more year. Under his directorship, ERDA received many accreditations and also became one of the few self - financing research and testing institutions in the country.
During this period, he also served as a visiting professor at many universities like University of Sydney, Washington State University, University of British Columbia and many others and supervised 10 Ph.D Projects during this period. He is recipient of a number of Professional Awards. He has published 7 books on thyristors, power systems, electric machines and hydro - power generation . He holds 4 Patents and patent applications for 4 more have been sent . He is a fellow of both the IEEE and the Indian National Academy of Engineering. He has published more than 200 technical papers in reputed journals. He has been awarded the Honorary Life Membership of Society of Power Engineers for his three - decade - long contribution to the Power Sector.and received the Life Time Achievement Award from IEEMA in 2011.
Dr. K. Satya Prasad
Pro Vice Chancellor
Dr. K. Satya Prasad received B Tech. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from JNTU college of Engineering , Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India in 1977 and M. E. degree in Communication Systems from Guindy college of Engg. , Madras University, Chennai , India in 1979 and Ph D from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in 1989. He started his teaching carrier as Teaching Assistant at Regional Engineering College, Warangal in 1979.
He joined JNT University, Hyderabad as Lecturer in 1980 and served in different constituent colleges viz., Kakinada, Hyderabad and Anantapur and at different capacities viz., Associate Professor, Professor, and Head of the Department, Vice Principal and Principal.
He has published more than 50 technical papers in different National & International conferences and Journals and Authored one Text book. He has guided 4 Ph.D scholars and at present 12 scholars are working with him. His areas of Research include Communications Signal Processing, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Neural Networks & Ad-hoc wireless networks etc. Dr Prasad is a Fellow member of various professional bodies like IETE, IE, and ISTE.
Dr. Ramakumar Ambatipudi, Pro-Vice Chancellor
Dr. Ramakumar Ambatipudi, MBA, Ph.D has a vast experience in management education at PG level and served for esteemed management education institutes under University of Pune and University of Mumbai in different capacities viz., Professor and Head of the institute. He also has 16 Years of industrial experience in FMCG, and Retail industries.
Dr. Ramakumar has wide exposure to the universities situated in Canada, New Zealand, Spain, UK, Australia and Singapore while developing international academic linkages. He is the recipient of European Union’s Erasmus+ grant.
He successfully designed and implemented bridge courses, certification and value-added programs in association with national and international organizations of repute.
Dr. Ramakumar provided consultancy services to organizations in Retail, Tourism and Media sectors. He conducted MDPs for BSNL, Urban Cooperative Banks and many other industries. He also conducted Technical Education Quality Improvement Programs (TEQIP) in association with Department of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra.
Dr. Ramakumar organized research conferences and seminars at national and international level. He presented and published various research papers in national and international journals of repute and published three books .
Dr. Ramakumar is a Fellow member of various professional bodies and prestigious organizations.
Dr. S. S. Mantha, Chancellor
Dr. S S Mantha, an eminent academician and an able administrator, was the Chairman, of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), starting 05th January 2012 till 4th January 2015. Having joined AICTE in March 2009 as its Vice Chairman, was quickly elevated as Acting Chairman in May 2009. He has been at the forefront of making some radical changes for transparency and accountability in the administration. On completion of the tenure at AICTE he worked as Professor of Robotics, CAD/CAM and AI in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at VJTI, Mumbai and superannuated on 31st May 2016. Currently he is an Emeritus Professor at VJTI, Mumbai and Adjunct Prof., in the National Institute for Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore and advisor to Government of Andhra Pradesh. He is also Member of the Karnataka Skills Development Authority.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the M S University, Baroda and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from VJTI, Mumbai. From small beginnings, he progressed to be the Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering a position he held for 6 years at VJTI, subsequent to which he was appointed the Pro Vice Chancellor, SNDT Women’s University by the Government of Maharashtra which he served for two years with distinction.
He specializes in Robotics which he taught for more than 15 years out of a rich teaching experience of more than 25 years, along with courses in Control Theory and Artificial Intelligence. He was instrumental in setting up a state of art Robotics / CAD / CAM laboratory at VJTI, providing consultancy in the area of Industrial Automation to the Industries in Mumbai and Pune. His Research interest in the area also has seen him provide expertise to DRDO and BARC projects.
A PhD in Combustion modeling from University of Mumbai, he also had several administrative assignments that he did for the University of Mumbai, as also being the Dean, Faculty of Technology. As recognition, Government of Maharashtra conferred the best teacher award of the State in 2002.
Dr. S S Mantha has developed the National Vocational Education Qualification frame work (NVEQF), now called National skills qualification framework (NSQF), which helps in promoting skill based competency modules to be integrated into seven certification levels where a student can undergo skill based learning that enhances employability and employment opportunities and also allowing him/her the flexibility to pursue formal education or take up an appropriate job at the end of any level of certification. A complete Credit framework for NSQF has also been developed by him and adopted by MHRD, GOI. He has also developed course curriculum for more than 15 sectors and 80 specializations. The skill program developed for Cyber Security is one of its kind. Further, this has immense potential to create new job opportunities and aid the “Make in India Program of GOI”.
He implemented the first e - governance project, automating the workflows, for the department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra in 1995. Further he provided the IT expertise for IT initiatives of several departments of Government of Maharashtra. The Citizen Facilitation Centre, Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation, an e–governance initiative that won many National and International awards were also completed with his expertise amongst others. He currently is the IT Expert for the Department of IT, Government of Maharashtra and helping in implementing a very prestigious Smart City Project in Nagpur.
He is also the recipient of INFOCOM CMAI National Telecom award for 2010 and the HR Nexus – the HR & Network, Leadership award in the field of Education, 2010. The.e-governance project implemented in AICTE has also won the Silver Edge Award instituted by United Business Media and Information Week and the Good Governance National Technology Award, 2010.
He is also a recipient of the 5th National telecom Award in 2011 for “Excellence in Education through e-governance instituted by CMAI and Star News
He has more than 260 publications in National and International Journals and Conferences to his credit as also 30 Ph D students who have completed their PhD under him. He has three books published titled “Objet Oriented Programming in C++” Published by Wiley India, “Aerodynamics of Cars, an experimental Investigation – A synergy of Wind Tunnel and CFD”, and "Design & Development of Decelerometer" both published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Company, Germany besides contributing chapters for many books.
The e- Governance development at AICTE is a complete web enabled application, where the entire process of receiving the applications to processing the same until an approval is given is on-line. This has greatly improved the transparency and accountability. The Portal also provides complete information along with video of more than 11500 institutions in the public domain. The Business intelligence reports generated provides for comprehensive statistics on technical education in the country. The development using Oracle-Siebel CRM is extremely robust and scalable providing for several features that aid the student and the teacher community. The effort was given SKOCH order of merit for 2014.
Dr. Mantha has also contributed to India’s entry to Washington Accord having participated and proposed several Accreditation initiatives of National Board of Accreditation having been its executive President for three years and as Chairman of the Board for three years.
He is the Chairman, National Technical Committee, NCSSS, National Cyber safety and Security Standards. He also is a member of, IET India, a part of Engineering Council, London, for whom he is also an expert accreditor. He is advisor to the International Organization for Educational Development and Member, Education Council, IOED, a diplomatic mission headquartered in India. Further he is a member of association for Machines and Mechanisms, the Computer Society of India, The Consortium for information and Communications Technology and the Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering and the International Function Point Users Group.
Dr. S S Mantha has been awarded D. Sc (h.c) by VTU, Karnataka in March 2012 and by DY Patil University, Maharashtra in 2014. He is a fellow of IIIE.