Microsoft Innovation Centre (MIC) was established in K L Deemed to be University in April
2009 with the objective of implementing simple, practical and innovative ideas
as prototypes which may be adopted by industry to convert prototypes into a
product. MIC is a collaborative effort between K L Deemed to be University and Microsoft.
In 2009-10 K L Deemed to be University has generated about 100 ideas of which 12 have been selected for conversion into prototypes. Out of these 4 prototypes are now ready. They are
- Automated Prescription System
- SMS in Regional/ Foreign Languages
- Security Alert System using Mobile Unit
- Vehicle Tracking System
Innovative ideas have been converted by III B.Tech CSE students as prototype products in 2010-2011. They are
- Backup and recovery of Android mobile phone data: This application is very useful to have backup all the mobile data namely contacts, messages and image files. In case of loss of data, mobile user can recover above data easily.
- Parents tracking of Web sites visited by children : This application is very useful for parents to find out unwanted websites visited by their children and to take corrective action.