Women''s Day Celebrations
The KL WOMEN'S FORUM celebrated "International Women's Day" on, 8th March 2011 in the New Seminar Hall of K L Deemed to be University in a splendid way. Everybody witnessed the occasion with a great enthusiasm.
Following dignitaries along with the office bearers of KL Women's Forum attended the function and encouraged all the Girls, lady faculty and staff of the KL.
- Er.Koneru Satyanarayana - Chancellor, K L Deemed to be University
- Dr.G.L.Datta - Vice-Chancellor, K L Deemed to be University
- Dr. N.Rangaiah - Registrar, K L Deemed to be University
- Dr.K.Rajasekhara Rao - Principal, Dean (Admin & SW),KL University
- Smt.K.Siva kanchana Latha - Joint Secretary, KLEF
- Dr.A.Pallavi - Chief Guest (Gynecologist, Sreya Nursing Home, Vijayawada)
- Mrs.S.V.N.L.Lalitha, Convenor of KL Women's Forum was the Co-ordinator of the event.
- The KL girls' student forum is constituted with the name "SAHELI"-Glad to be a Girl.
- Smt. Koneru Siva Kanchana Latha, Joint Secretary addressed the gathering and launched the Website for Women's Forum. She reiterated the need for active participation of women in various fields for a better world. She adjudged various cultural competitions and distributed prizes to the winners.
- Hon'ble Chancellor Sri. K.Satyanarayana has announced that the University will provide "Seed Money" to the girls if they wish to start their own establishments and motivated the girls to develop zeal to be entrepreneurs.
- Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor Dr.G.L.Datta, Registrar Dr.N.Rangaiah, Principal Dr.K.Rajasekhara Rao, Co-ordinators of Women's Day celebrations Mrs.S.V.N.L.Lalitha, and Dr.Vijayalakshmi conveyed their best wishes to the students, faculty and staff.
- Chief Guest Dr.A.Pallavi, an eminent Gynecologist spoke about the significance of Centenary Celebration of International Women's Day, and gave away the prizes.
- Prizes were distributed to the winners of various competitions like Mehendi, Rangoli, Tambola, Best name, Logo, tagline for KL Girls' Student Forum and slide show.
- Cultural Program started with a welcome dance and then geared up with lots of dance numbers. It included Bharatnatyam dance style, western as well as Indian dance numbers. Students also came forward with classical songs. A hilarious skit' LOVE TRENDZ' was presented by 3rd year ECE students which made sure that everyone at the event had a good dosage of laughter. The Fashion Show was the landmark of the event and students from 2nd year took part in it.
- The best part of the event was that all lady faculty and staff took part in the event and made it more happening.
- Parents and the guests who had come to watch the program had good entertainment and appreciated it a lot. The event was a grand success by gods grace and the whole college girls are looking forward for the coming event to organize it in an even larger and better scale as soon as possible.
- There are many men along who have contributed to the success of the event and KL Women's Forum is highly thankful to all of them who helped directly or indirectly in making this event planned n organized.
- An health awareness camp was conducted from 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm in Peacock hall where the girls interacted with an eminent Gynecologist Dr.A.Pallavi and clarified their doubts.