- Centre for Wellness and Welfare and Abhinaya club of KLSO celebrated the 149th birthday of great poet, writer and social reformer of all times in the Indian history and Telugu literature Sri Gurajada Venkatappa Rao Panthulu on 21st September 2011 on a grand note.
- In this connection Abhinaya club conducted a paper presentation on Gurajada?s Kanyasulkam in which total of 10 students actively participated.
- Of them Sri Seshu of 2nd year b tech, M.Gayatri of 1st year b tech and M.Madhuri of 2nd year won 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes respectively.
- Mr.S.Vishnu Vardhan Reddy of 3rd year as Girisam, Mr. N.Chiranjeevi Gupta of 1st year as Venkatesam enacted a scene from Kanyasulkam. This mesmerized the audience.
- After the above performances the atmosphere reflected the 19th century customs and their ill effects.
- Hon?ble vice Chancellor Dr.G.L.Dutta, Deputy Registrar Sri. Harsha Vardhan were graced the occasion and expressed their happiness and appreciated the efforts of Centre for Wellness and Welfare.
- Speaking on the occasion Dr.G.L.Dutta memorized those days when social evils were in practice .And he also mentioned the painful efforts put by the social reformers like Rajaramamohan Rai of Bengal, Kandukuri Veeresalingam and Gurajada Apparao of Andhra.
- He blessed the students and awarded prizes to the winners and participants.
- Sri. V.G.Krishna Murthy, dramatics trainer arranged a photo exhibition on Gurajada Apparao?s life and his works.